At Sacyr we have a firm commitment to diversity. Our teams are made up of people from different backgrounds, cultures and origins. Sacyr recognises the value of diversity in its teams.
Our company also pledges for a culture of Inclusion, creating an employment environment in which each person can achieve their objectives and evolve. We are committed to creating work environments in which all our professionals are responsible for treating others with maximum respect.
a diverse and
- We promote the employment inclusion of people with disabilities, through collaboration with foundations and entities such as Capacis, Inserta, Incorpora, A LA PAR and by being present at specialised job fairs.
- We promote integral development, autonomy and independence, equal opportunities and the rights of people with disabilities.
- Awareness-raising through campaigns aimed at social awareness with respect to the s tandardisation and inclusion of this group. As a result of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (3 December), in 2020 Sacyr held a disabled persons week, with the diffusion of different actions to visualise our progress and commitment with the employment inclusion of this group.
- We have a balanced presence of women and men in our workforce. 42% of our staff are women. In 2016, the Board of Directors approved a policy for the selection of candidates for directors. By 2020, the number of female directors will represent 21% of the total number of members of the Board of Directors.
- Sacyr is aware of the importance of balanced participation of women and men in the company’s governance bodies, and to that end, in 2016, the Board of Directors approved a director selection policy. In 2020, more than 23% of the Board of Directors was formed by female directors.
- We have incorporated the gender perspective in all Human Resources processes.
- We monitor the gender pay gap, which does not exceed 6% in any of our professional categories. We encourage women to choose STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) careers through various initiatives.
- We promote work-life balance through more than 90 measures. Among the most outstanding are:
- Corporate Flex Working Policy.
- Sacyr Concilia:
- No School Day: On non-teaching but working days, activities are organised for the children of our staff.
- Facilitating childcare options: Agreements are in place with various nurseries and educational centres.
- Design of the working calendar according to the school calendar.
- We have a Guide to family reconciliation leave available to our staff.
- Sacyr is aware that co-responsibility plays an important role in equal opportunities. For this reason, we continue to make progress towards a model of a society of shared roles, through awareness-raising days on the occasion of International Women's Day (8 March) and Family Day (15 May), as well as the National Day in Spain for reconciliation and co-responsibility (23 March).
- We provide training in equal treatment and opportunities, which we have incorporated into the Km0 Onboarding Programme.
- We share our good practices by joining the Global Compact initiative Target Gender Equality, which is a programme to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
We encourage a
attitude to continue
to make progress in a
shared roles society model
- We promote multicultural presence as a source of knowledge and talent. People of more than 86 nationalities work in the Company and we are present in more than 25 countries, which we value in the different projects we undertake and celebrate on the occasion of the International Day of Cultural Diversity (21 May).
- We foster the inclusion of groups at risk of social exclusion through different initiatives.
- Alliances with the Integra Foundation, the Incorpora Programme of the La Caixa Foundation, and the "Companies free of gender violence" Agreement with the Ministry of Equality, through which we have incorporated 136 people.
- Training and awareness-raising days on the occasion of the International Day against Gender Violence (25 November).
- We perform a workforce analysis by generation for an optimum harmonious work environment and the employment integration of the different generations.
- We have implemented specific programmes for each generation, according to their needs:
- Sacyr Generation Senior.
- Sacyr Builds Future.
PRIZES and RECOGNITION
- In 2019, we obtained FRE (Family Responsible Company) recognition, in force until 2020, Granted by the MasFamilia, for our new socio-employment and business culture, based on flexibility, respect and commitment to achieve a work-life-family balance of our employees.
- Finalists in the 2020 XIV National Alares Prizes for a work-life balance, for our Flex Working Corporate Policy.
- Recognised as one of the 30 companies most committed to diversity, in the annual VariableD'21 Report by Intrama (Human Resources Consultancy, a benchmark in this area).
- Thomson Reuters recognises Sacyr as a diverse and inclusive company, placing us among the top 100 firms in the world in the Diversity and Inclusion Index. Finalists in the 3rd Generation Awards (Generation & Talent Observatory), with the "Sacyr Builds the Future".