The Health and Safety OF THOSE OF US WHO MAKE UP SACYR IS KEY TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GROUP.
At Sacyr we have adopted the concept of integrated safety and, accordingly, we have an Occupational Health and Safety Policy aimed at improving working conditions and raising the level of protection, health and safety of our employees.
- Foster leadership and the OHS culture.
- Assume that health and safety is as important as quality, productivity and excellence in its activities.
- Promotion of well-being and of a healthy lifestyle and the provision of safe and healthy working conditions.
- Identification of the possible risks in all phases of our activities. reducing them to the lowest possible practical levels.
- Guarantee that workers receive sufficient and appropriate occupational health and safety information and training to correctly perform their work.
Compliance with legal requirements and other specific requirements in each country and contract.
Encourage communications and relations with local communities and the Company.
Facilitate the consultation and participation of the workers.
Establish ambitious OHS objectives and adopt the best practices.
Take measures for continuous improvement.
Demand compliance with internal safety requirements for contractors and make them participate in preventive culture.
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
In addition to fully complying with all legal requirements, all Sacyr Group companies are implementing occupational health and safety management systems certified under the ISO 45001 Standard, the principal international benchmark for occupational health and safety, replacing the OHSAS 18001 standard.
The internal requirements arising from this System exceed those legally stipulated in the countries in which the company is present, and from the activities performed. A Health and Safety Department has been put into place with more than 231 health and safety professionals charged with the on-going management and control of the System through the processes of monitoring and control, internal audit, management review or change management.
Therefore, during 2020, we have performed an inspection on the System once again, adapting it to the new needs of the Group in each country, transforming it into an international procedure protocol. As a result of this work, we have successfully passed ISO 45001 legal and compliance audits on the occupational health and safety management system implemented at the work centres of Sacyr Group companies.
COVERAGE OF THE OHSMS (OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
The Management System is implemented at 242 group companies (197 in 2019), of which 54 have ISO 45001 certification (45 in 2019), under UKAS (international) or the Spanish National Accreditation Entity accreditation, which represents over 68% of the Group based on the total volume of workers (60% in 2019).
In order to obtain the ISO 45001 Certificate, internal audits were carried out at a total of 144 work centers involving 9,640 workers, which means that 19.53% of the total workforce was sampled, while 60 work centers involving 4,943 workers (8.90%) were sampled for the external audit.
IDENTIFICATION OF HAZARDS, RISK ASSESSMENT AND INCIDENT INVESTIGATION
This OHS Management System aims to contribute to correctly identify, review, manage and improve the control of the occupational risks, which guarantee that all our work is performed in line with a strict initial analysis of the work and its associated risks, together with the implementation of preventive measures to eliminate or reduce them.
Sacyr has a procedure for which we have opted to catalogue accidents under the US OHSA standard, which enables an equal internal standardisation of information and comparison with top-ranking rivals.
OCCUPATIONAL ACCIDENT INJURIES AND PROFESSIONAL ILLNESSES AND DISEASES
The Sacyr Group’s efforts in the field of Occupational Health and Safety has enabled significant progress in workplace quality, basing ourselves on an internal scoring system that serves as an indicator to verify the status of each work centre
The Sacyr Group has made progress towards forging the desired safety culture. Evidence of this can be seen in the downturn in accident rates in recent years.
The Prevention Service carried out the usual investigation for these cases, analysed the causes and took the necessary measures to prevent any reoccurrences.
|PHYSICAL OVER- EXERTION INVOLVING|
THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
Incluir programas de bienestar dentro de la compañía dentro del Programa SACYR Saludable abarca distintos ámbitos como el deportivo, alimenticio y sanitario.
In all countries in which it has a presence, Sacyr has a procedure to investigate all manner of incidents that may arise in any of our contracts
- Maintain the company’s positioning in this area, through compliance standards and certifications.
- Globalize and strengthen reporting processes.
- Implementation of Sacyr’s Healthy Programme through identification and action in key areas in health and well-being and promote programmes in each of them.
- Develop internal and external communication plans that promote coordination between departments.
- Identify measurement indicators.
- Cooperation with entities of the third sector and other organisations that work in key areas.
- Guarantee confidentiality in the management of individual health data.
- Assessment and identification of risks related to health and well-being in each of the key areas.
- Healthy Sacyr: Development of an action plan for on-going improvements in health and well-being.
- Annual training and awareness plans and promotion of health and safety culture (100% of employees).
- Implement health and well-being plans at global level linked to SDG 3 with specific objectives.
- Inclusion in initiatives and support in tools that show commitment and progress in the area.
- Improvement of the value chain through the integration of security in all company processes (design, offer, execution and conservation and operation).
- Design of strategies aimed at improving Road Safety.
- Visible leadership at all hierarchical levels of the company.
- Increase of 20% in the number of companies certified in our Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Obtainment of recognition by a prestigious external body of the Sacyr Healthy Plan.
- Measure the social impact of health and well-being projects.
- Leadership in the value chain, through the promotion of health programmes of our collaborators, through participation in Sacyr Healthy initiatives.
- Achieve a 0 incident rate.